I find a lot of inspiration from seeing how other developers and designers work. Borrowing from the way they setup their environment gives an interesting flair to the way I work but also being able to tweak that makes me feel great. I am a Full-Stack web developer and this is what I use to build applications using Laravel/VueJS and Docker.
I use PHPStorm as my main editor and I use Visual Studio Code as my secondary editor. For PHPStorm I use a tweaked version of the Zeus theme with Source code pro for powerline as the font and lots of line spacing:
font-size: 15 line-spacing: 1.9
I use Nightowl for my VSCode theme with the same font settings.
PHPStorm comes bundled with some fantastic plugins. Here is the list of custom ones I added for extended functionality:
I use Laravel Valet to configure my environment with the following versions:
- Nginx (nginx/1.15.2)
- PHP (7.2)
- MySQL (5.7)
- RabbitMQ (3.7.8)
- Node (10.11)
- NPM (6.4.1)
- 2 x Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitors
- Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2017), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB Storage
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple Magic Keyboard
- Sennheiser HD 4.40 Bluetooth Headphones
- Various adapters
- Wild Ficus Bonsai (Small one)
I primarily use Slack in my browser.
I am a big fan of heavy progressive house/trance music when I code and I find mixes primarily on Mixcloud.com.
- Trello (Personal and Work tasks)
- Google Inbox (Email and task manager)
- SequelPro (Database Admin)
- GSuite (Email, Storage, Calenders, Docs, Sheets, Presentations)
- LastPass (Password manager)
- Bursts.io (Sending weekly product and team updates)
- Momentum dash (Clean browser starting page)
- Shotsnap (Screenshot maker)